ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION COMMITTEE
The Tamil Nadu National Law University is introducing an exciting new committee this year for the students of the university – the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (ADRC) under the intendance of
Ms. Mrinmoyee Mukherjee, Assistant Professor of Law. The ADRC’s primary task is to conduct the Intra- University competitions for the below mentioned events:
4. Client Counselling
Incidental to the same, the ADRC will also focus on conducting various workshops, seminars and mentorship programs for promoting ADR skills in all the students. The ADRC not only aims at promoting the culture of Alternative Dispute Resolution but also wishes to hone the students’ below listed skillset:
• Expanded communication skills
• Enhanced persuasive skills
• Familiarity with negotiation approaches
• Expanded problem solving ability , and much more.
As its long term objective, the ADRC would like to conduct annually an Inter University (National or otherwise) ADR Competition.
In 2021 the student representative body was appointed by a two-step process - submission of statement of purpose followed by an Interview by the Faculty and the current student members are:
1. Ms. C.V. Shreya, 4th Year
2. Ms. Anushree Rajendran, 4th Year
3. Mr. Sekhar Kumar Sahu - 4th Year
4. Ms. Tamasaa T. T., 4th Year
5. Ms. Mrinali Dave, 3rd Year
6. Mr. K. Aadhishankaran, 3rd Year
7. Ms. Tushita Murali – 3 rd Year
8. Ms. Vyshnavi Praveen, 2nd Year
9. Ms. Hananya A.S., 2nd Year
10. Ms. Shreya Mallick, 1st Year
10. Ms. Aishwarya Mathanan 1st Year
Activities 2018 – 2021
Annual Report for the Year 2019 – 2021. Know more....
2nd TNNLU National Med- Arb Competition, 2020. Know more....
Annual Report for the Year 2018 – 2019. Know more....
1st TNNLU National Med-Arb Competition, 2019. Know more....
3rd TNNLU National Med Arb Competition 2021 [4 th June to 6 th June] Know more....
Other Proposed Activity:
Weekly simulation sessions
For the purpose of enhancing the skills related to ADR for the students of TNNLU, it is proposed that the ADRC will be conducting simulation sessions for the students. These sessions are proposed by the Mentors- who are students who have participated in various National and International ADR competitions.
For the purpose of free access of online resources, the ADRC proposes to launch an online resource pool pure initiated by the students and accessible to any student of TNNLU to learn and exchange materials on various ADR related skills.