Name : DR. V.R. Anil Kumar,
Ph D in English (full time 2012-2017) from department of English, Bharathidasan University, Trichy.
Title of the thesis IMAGING GANDHI: REPRESENTING THE SELF, OTHER AND THE ICON.
M.Phil in English (Full Time) Calicut University.
MAin English Literature from Calicut Universit.
BA in English and History, from St. Thomas College, Trichur, Kerala.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Worked as guest lecturer at English department in St. Aloysius college, Trichur. Before that worked as guest lecturer in Vimala college, Trichur. Worked as Assistant professor at English department in Karpagam Academy of Higher Education Coimbatore.
AREAS OF INTEREST:Gandhian Studies, Life- Narrations, Post-Colonial Literature, Gandhian Literature, Film Studies, History, Literary Theory and Criticism, Law and Literarture, Cultural Studies.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT FOR THIS SEMESTER: English
RECENT PUBLICATIONS MADE/ CONFERENCES/SEMINAR/WORKSHOPS/TRAINING ATTENDED:
1) Gandhian Plurality in the Visual Narration : A Reading of Gandhi, Lage RahoMunnani and Pappilo Buddha. IJSELL Vol 3, Issue 2, Feb 2015, 138-146.
2) Re (de) generating Polemics of Gandhian Sense of Sexuality in the Life Narration of Jad Adams' Gandhi: Naked Ambitions. IJOH Vol 1 Issue 1, December 2014.
3) Reflections of Gandhian Ethics in Select Visual Narrations. Conspectus. Vol 10, 2016. PP 46-58. Presented eight papers in various universities and colleges.
He was also a member in the seventh winter school on Life and Thought of Gandhi under Dr Tridip Suhrud at Indian Institute of Advanced Study,Shimla.
1) Presented a paper titled A Study on the Public Assembling as a Social Performance: Women in Sabarimala and Rennaisance Wall in the National Conference on Feminist Research Approches to Gender Studies organized by the Department of Women Stuides, University of Madras on 9-10 December 2019.
2) Presented a paper tiltled Function of Legal Imagination in Select Continental Plays in the National Seminar on Innovations in Language, Culture and Communication (ILCC 2019) organized by the Department of English, School of Social Sciences and Languages, VIT, Vellore on 06 December 2019.
3) Presented a paper on Subverting Monoglossia: Polyphonic Possibilities in Gender, Gandhi and Ambedkar with Special Referrence to Papilio Buddha in the National Seminar on South Asian Cultural Heteroglossia organized by the Postgraduate and Research Department of English, St. Aloysius College in collaboration with Centre for the study of the World Religions, Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Benbaluru and Gloethics.net India at St Aloysius College, Trichur on 9th and 10th March 2017.
4) Presented a paper titled Gandhi and Popular Culture in the National Seminar on Distinctions: Popular Culture and Its Other , organized by the Postgraduate Department of English in association with School of Letters , Mahatma Gandhi University, on 1st and 2nd March, 2017.
5) Presenetd a paper on Gandhian Ethics in Select Indian Biopics in the Natioanl Seminar on Ethics and Transdisciplinaries, organized by Department of Humanities, Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Trichur, in collaboration with Cultural and Scientific Research on 27th July2016.
6) Presented a section of Gandhi's Hind Swaraj in the Winter School on "Life and Thought of Gandhi" organized by the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla from 07 December 2015 to 17 December 2015.
7) Presented a paper on the topic "Can Annie Speak for Subaltern? : A Study of Sara Joseph 's Alahayude Pennmakkal" in the two day UGC-TRANSCHE sponsored national seminar on the topic Perceptions and Perspectives of Women's Writings in India on 20th and 21st March , 2014.
8) Growth of Hero As a Writer: A Reading of the Malayalam Movies Aakale and Ritu in the Two-Day ICHR and ICSSR National Seminar on The History of South Indian Cinema organized by Department of History , Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli on 14th and 15th March, 2014.
9) Blurring of Identities : Orientalism , Occidentalism and Globalization in Kiran Desai's The Inheritance of Loss , UGC-Sponsored National Seminar on Indian English Fiction of the New Millennium at The Gandhigram Rural Institute-Deemed University , Gandhigram , Tamilnadu on Feb 11 and 12 , 2013 .
10) A Study of the Manuscript of Mahatma Gandhi and its Screenplay by Richard Attenborough , UGC Sponsored International Seminar on From Fiction to Film : An InterdisciplinaryApproach in collaboration with the Kerala State Chalachithra Academy at Govt. Women's College Trivandrum on 14,15,16 March 2012.
11) Mahatma Gandhi's The Story of My Experiments with Truth and Richard Attenborough's Film Gandhi : A Generic Variation , UGC-Sponsored National Seminar on Text Screen Interface : CinematicEncoding and Indian English Literature at Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeet Varanasi , Uttar Pradesh , on 4-5 Feb , 2012.