Name : Hemavathi S Shekhar
Hemavathi S Shekhar, PG Diploma in Environmental Laws (NLSIU), LLM - Business Laws (RGNUL), BBA LLB (Hons.)(ICFAI)
BBA. LLB. (Hons.), IFHE- Hyderabad, 2016
LLM, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, 2017
PG Diploma in Environmental Laws, National Law School of India University, Bangalore, 2017 - Present
Areas of Research/Interest:
Environmental Laws and Corporate Laws.
1. Role of Indian Judiciary in Ensuring Sustainable Development : Presented paper in an Interna-tional Conference Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects - by Insti-tute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
2. Changes to the Insider Trading Regulations by SEBI: Presented paper in the National Seminar regarding Corporate Spectrum: Legal Facies by IFHE - Hyderabad.
3. Reservation in Unaided Educational institutions- Essential or not? : Presented paper in the Na-tional Seminar regarding Right to Education by IFHE - Hyderabad.
4. Participated in One Day Training Program on Human Rights conducted by RGNUL, Punjab in association with National Human Right Commission.
5. Participated in the NLSIR - Samvad: Partners Symposium held on “Sovereign-Rights Dichoto-my - Exploring Migration, Refuge ad Citizenship”
6. Took part as a delegate in the VIth NLSIR Symposium on “Mapping the Future of Commercial Arbitration in India” at NLSIU, Bangalore.
7. Selected as a Delegate and was a part of the World Law Dialogue conducted by the Alexis Cen-ter for study and Research in Law at Karnataka University, Dharwad.
8. Attended one-week Special course on Global Constitutionalism: Emerging Trends conducted by Global Initiative of Academic Network in RGNUL, Punjab.
Teaching/ Research/ Work Experience
Legal Research Associate
Environment Support Group, A Not for Profit Trust, Bangalore - Assisted in drafting legal memos and interim applications, conducted research, interpreted case-laws for Public Interest Litigations filed in the Supreme Court, National Green Tribunal and High Court.
- Worked on and engaged with communities during field study conducted on issues such as Solid Waste Management and worked especially with the waste workers and communities impacted by landfills; prevention of privatization of lakes and their ecological rehabilitation; Bio-piracy; diversion of grasslands in Karnataka; preservation of urban commons.
- Facilitated and conducted Training Programs, Educational workshops on Environmental and Governance Issues.(Eg: Environmental Justice, Solid Waste Management, Tree Felling, Climate Change etc.)
Will be teaching Labour Laws and Property Laws this semester.