Name : Subhajit Debnath,
2017 LLM in Constitutional & Administrative Law, Gujarat National Law University
2016 BA LLB, Sikkim University (A Central University established by an Act of the Parliament of India, 2007)
AREAS OF INTEREST:Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Legal Anthropology, Himalayan Studies
SUBJECTS TAUGHT FOR THIS SEMESTER: Administrative Law, Media Law
FACULTY ADVISOR: Eco Club
RECENT PUBLICATIONS MADE/ CONFERENCES/SEMINAR/WORKSHOPS/TRAINING ATTENDED:
1. Abhorred, Disdained and Secluded - Locating Women belonging to the Denotified Tribes of India, International Conference on Engaging India and Canada: Challenges of Sustainable Development Goals, June 2018, India International Centre, New Delhi.
2. Environment Protection in India vis-à-vis Human Rights, National Conference on Changing Paradigm of Environment Protection in India, March 2018, Banaras Hindu University.
3. Traditional Justice Delivery Mechanism vis-à-vis Dzumsas of Lachen and Lachung in Sikkim, National Seminar on Orality, Migration and Epistemology on Tribes in India, March 2018, Jamia Milia Islamia. (Sponsored).
4. Environmental Security and Socio-Economic Development: Perspectives from the Sikkim Himalaya, National Seminar on Hill Economies and Sustainable Development, February 2018, Rajiv Gandhi University. (Sponsored).
5. Role of Media in North East India: Narratives for Development, ICSSR International Seminar on Media and Politics, December 2017, Assam University. (Sponsored).
6. South Asian Biodiversity Convention for Conservation of the Himalaya: A Proposition, Himalayan Studies Conference V, September 2017, University of Colorado Boulder, USA. (Sponsored).
7. Political Representation of Women in India vis-à-vis The Women Reservation Bill, 2008, NCW National Seminar on the Role of Women in Sustainable Development, April 2017, Gujarat National Law University. (Sponsored)
HONOURS:Association for Nepal & Himalayan Studies Asian Student Scholarship, USA 2017, University Silver Medal for BA LLB, 2016
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL AFFLIATIONS:South Asian Member, Association for Nepal & Himalayan Studies, USA