Name : Mohammed Azaad,
B.A., B.L (Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai),
All India Bar Exam (AIBE),
LL.M in Corporate and Commercial Laws (NALSAR - Hyderabad), M.B.L (NLSIU - Bangalore),
UGC - NET, B.C.A (TNOU - Chennai).
He graduated from Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai (popularly known as the 'Madras Law College') in 2013. During his graduation days, he interned under Senior Counsel Mr. M.S. Krishnan at the Madras High Court for more than 2 years. He has also served as Law Clerk to Justice S. Rajeswaran and Justice R.S. Ramanathan at the Madras High Court. Before taking up teaching, he was practicing as an Advocate in the Madras High Court at the Office of the then Government Pleader, Mr. S.T.S. Murthi for a year. He completed his LL.M from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad with a specialisation in Corporate and Commercial Laws. During his LL.M, he interned at the AK Law Chambers, Chennai during the semester break. He has also obtained Master of Business Laws (M.B.L) and B.C.A. degrees from NLSIU, Bangalore and TNOU, Chennai respectively. After Post Graduation, he cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) and joined TNNLS in 2015 as an Assistant Professor of Law. Currently, he is teaching Banking Laws and Law of Securities & Derivative Contracts for the UG and PG students respectively. He has also handled subjects like Competition Law, Election Laws, Property Laws, Judicial Process & Interpretation of Statutes, and Family Law.
Area of Interests:
He is one of the founding members of Centre for Competition Law (CCL) at TNNLS. He is also interested in the following research areas: Laws Relating to Trade Secrets and Confidential Information, Intersection between Competition Law and Labour Law, Election Laws, Banking Laws etc.
SUBJECTS TAUGHT FOR THIS SEMESTER:
UG - Banking Laws and Investment and Securities Laws
PG - Law of Securities & Derivative Contracts
RECENT PUBLICATIONS MADE/ CONFERENCES/SEMINAR/WORKSHOPS/TRAINING ATTENDED:
1. Azaad, M (2018) et.al, "Competition Assessment of the Indian Textile Sector with Special Reference to National Textile Policy, 2000 and Certain Other Related Laws", Competition Assessment Report Submitted to the Competition Commission of India (CCI), New Delhi on behalf of TNNLS (April 2018).
2. Co-drafted with Mr. Rahul Satyan, Senior Associate - Competition & Antitrust at AZB & Partners, New Delhi the Moot Proposition for TNNLU - CCI National Moot Court Competition, which was held from 2nd to 4th February, 2018.
3. Azaad, M (2017), "Section 27 of the Indian Contract Act and Its Pro/Anti-Competitive Effects on Employment Agreements and Trade Secrets Protection", Sample Competition Assessment Report Submitted to the Competition Commission of India (CCI), New Delhi on behalf of TNNLS (September 2017).
4. Participated in a Two-Day Faculty Development Programme/Teaching Learning Methodology Workshop at TNNLS facilitated by Prof. (Dr.) Kamala Sankaran, Vice Chancellor, TNNLS and Prof. (Dr.) Ved Kumari, Head and Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi on 10th and 11th February, 2017.
5. Presented a Paper titled India - European Union (EU) Draft Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and Its Impact on the Indian Generic Drugs Industry at the National Seminar on IPR: New Age Challenges (2016), conducted by TNNLS on 12th November 2016.
Secured All India Rank 39 in 2014 CLAT LL.M Entrance Examination.
2nd Best Memorial Award, '2013 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition', Regional Rounds, NUALS University, Kochi.
Semifinalist, '2012 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition', Regional Rounds, NUALS University, Kochi.
Participant, '2011 Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition', Vienna, Austria.
Spirit of Surana Award for All-round Excellence, '2009 Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition', Regional Rounds, BCWCLC, Bangalore.
OTHER INSTITUTIONAL AFFLIATIONS:
CCI has selected TNNLS as an Empanelled Institution (EI) on 07th September, 2017 for the purpose of Competition Assessment (CA) Exercise and I will be one of the representatives from TNNLS for this project work.
He is regularly invited by Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai, School of Excellence in Law (SOEL), Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University (TNDALU), Chennai, School of Law, SASTRA University, Thanjavur and other institutions for judging National and International Moot Court Competitions.