Name : S. Deepika
Currently, working as Assistant Professor in Law (Ad hoc) in TNNLU. I am handling subjects like Contractual laws, Family laws and Insurance Law. I also teach Clinical Paper-I: Alternate Dispute Resolutions. I am one of the Faculty Advisors of the Moot Court Committee (MCC) of TNNLU which has so far conducted various Intra University Moot Court and ADR Competitions along with the First National Moot Court Competition in 2017. The 2nd edition of the same is scheduled to be conducted in February, 2018 in collaboration with the Competition Commission of India.
I have pursued my 5 years LL.B (Hons.) from University Of Legal Studies, CUSAT in the 2013.
Also, I had qualified the LL.M.CLAT 2013-14 with an All India Rank of 12 to proceed with my LL.M. (Intellectual Property Rights) in NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad from 2013 -2014. Post my graduation, I have enrolled in Kerala Bar Association in the year 2014.
I have Qualified Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (SET) on 08.09.2017. I was awarded 2nd Rank in 5 years LL.B (Hons) at University of Legal Studies, CUSAT, and Kochi. Recently, in 2017, I was one of the external members to review the Christ University Law Journal, Bengaluru.
Moreover, throughout my graduation I have been actively involved in mooting and was awarded Runner up in 4th B. Krishna Memorial National IPR Moot Court Competition, 2012 organized by SLS, Pune and was Semi finalist in 2nd Pro bono Enviro Moot Court Competition, 2009 organized by SOEL, Chennai. I also won 2nd Prize in the 1st National Level Legal Quiz Competition, 2013 held at Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College, Bengaluru on 9th Feb, 2013.
Paper Published on the topic- Generic Medicines: Time to Stop and Take Caution in "International Seminar on Health, Human Rights and IPRs-Theme 2015: Access to Medicines and Novel medical Technologies", ISBN -978-81-933144-6-3; By the NUALS, Kochi 17-18th Aug, 2015.
1. Paper Presented on Amateur Musical Creations & Remix Culture: Is the Copyright law in India fulfilling its promise? 12th Nov, 2016 -"National Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights: New Age Challenges"; By TNNLU, Tiruchirappalli.
2. Paper Presented on Generic Medicines: Time To Stop And Take Caution , 17-18th Aug, 2015- "Two Day International Seminar On Access To Medicines And Novel medical Technologies -Health, Human Rights And IPR Perspectives"; By the NUALS, Kochi.
3. Paper Presented on Promoting Innovation: Role of Public Domain, 12-14th Jan,2012- The Second Annual Workshop on "Rethinking Intellectual Property - Indian patent Law: The Social Overtones"; By the IUCIPRS, CUSAT, Kochi.
4. Paper Presented on Advertisements: Masters of New Markets?, 16th -17th Dec, 2012-on "Food Safety: Emerging Trends in India"; By CUSAT and KELSA, Kochi. 5. Paper Presented on Software Patents: New Member for Patent Regime, 13th- 14th Oct,2012- on "Emerging Trends in Intellectual Property Rights"; By the Department of Legal Studies, University of Madras, Chennai.
6. Paper Presented on Originality in Computer Programming: An Overview, 10th-12th Mar, 2011-The First Annual Workshop for Law Students on "Rethinking Intellectual Property Rights-Indian Copyright law: A Social Perceptive"; By the IUCIPRS, CUSAT, Cochin.
1. Assistant Professor (Ad hoc)- Tamil Nadu National Law University, Tiruchirappalli (13.07.15-Present)
2. Guest Lecturer- People's Institute of Management, Kasargod
3. Assistant Professor, LEAD College Of Management, Dhoni, Palakkad (05/08/2014-13/04/2015) (8 months)
Area of Interests:
Contractual laws, Copyright laws, Competition Laws, Family law and Law and Medicine.